Sunday 27 June 2010

one tram stop

Have you ever been sitting on a Tram and God tells you to do something?
Well I have!
I was like "God how am I going to do this? what do I say? I'm so nervous!"
Anyway so I worked up the courage and proceeded!
Let me give the back ground:
I was in Sydney, dressed in some black pants, yellow grey heels, cream top & big purple bow!
As I walked to a free spot to wait for a tram I noticed two ladies chatting, one of which had these gorgeous orange heels on (pictured), everything matched so well - her dress, bag, nail polish! She was off somewhere special!
As the tram pulls up we all hope on, pass polite smiles across from each other and then gaze out the window so it doesn't get too award!
This is when God starts talking to me about stepping out of my comfort and being obedient to him, and me questioning back (what the) and forth until finally he has given me enough courage to speak!
So I say Hi to this lovely lady and ask to take a picture of her shoes (shes happy for me to do so), then the lady next to her asks why I was doing so, then a man walks on and sits next to me and sees me taking a picture, he starts asking why etc. too! So it turned out Alex (shoes) was off to a wedding, lady next to her has a daughter in the fashion business & her son-in-law too and the man next to me is a fashion photographer! wow, "so that's why you wanted me to do that God!" - you must take note: I'm kinda quiet and shy - most of the time so that was unusual for me. (i don't know how journalists do it!)
So my tip for today: step out of your comfort zone and do something that tests your faith & makes you grow!

2 comments:

  1. oh good work Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna. You should definitely keep up that courage, I see from your blog that you take some great photos!

    Alex (with the orange shoes!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...