Monday 1 February 2010

17 Montogue st. 'larky art!'

it just so happened that i got my creative paws on this interesting book while working at the local library.
Lucky for me the travel section was having a spring clean. I didn't even know what the book was about until i opened it a few days later.
This inspirational artist of 17 Montogue St, Glasgow has published a collections of cleverly composed envelopes from over a few yrs. The fasinating thing is the many ways Harriet came up with communicating her address; from dot-to-dot, word puzzels, drawn sign language, cute comic conversations, maps, photos, floor plans, colour by number and so on.
here are a few i enjoyed:
 
this is a travel card that Harriet wrote on and 6 months later recieved back in the mail!
this is air mail from NYC. I can just imagine her doodling away in a little NY cafe with daily routines happening behind her.
 
I love looking inside houses, i also like to imagine the layout, thankfully with the help of this floor plan I could decorate this little apartment as i continued on with the happy little find.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...